Friday, April 30, 2010

a gorgeous day!

I have been busy knitting on my Mystic Glance and finished clue 3 and just started clue 4. It's been hectic as we also started a KAL in support of "Sternenkinder".  We are knitting tiny blankets to use for preemies  who would not be able to survive. As there are no clothes that would fit such a small baby, we supply the blankets to allow parents to bury their child with dignity. Along with that is a piece as a memory gift for the parent. I believe this to be a very worthwhile cause. Unfortunately this is in Germany, but that's ok by me. When I have some more time, I will research this here and see if something similar is available here.



Mystic Glance
a close up


the "Aktion Sternenkinder" blanket


my version of the memory piece.

And then I looked outside and saw that it will be a gorgeous day today. This morning when we went for our walk it was already 11 degrees C. Now the sun is shining and it's quite lovely out. The dogs love it.
I took a little walk around my garden and this is what I saw:


Phlox - just a few little blossoms. The ants are eating this plant - buggers! Any one have any suggestions as to how I can get rid of those pests?


I have no idea what they are called, something liver.....but they're pretty.


red currents - the bush is full of buds!!!!


white currants - again full of buds!!!  Hmmm. I can feel jam-time coming on....
That is if the birds or the dog don't get to it first.  Ollie will steal my raspberries straight from the bush. Last year when I wanted some, he had gotten to them first and I'd always catch him in the act, that little thief. With any luck he won't like currants ( dream on - he eats anything).

TTFN
Lilly

2 comments:

  1. Hi Liane,
    das Blümchen nennt sich Lungenkraut. Habe ich auch im Garten.
    Schau mal hier:
    http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geflecktes_Lungenkraut

    Deine beiden Tücher sind sehr schön, dein Maystic Glace ist bestimmt bald fertig.

    Liebe Grüße
    Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Gabi,

    Dank Dir fuer den Namen der Blumen. Ich glaube in English ist es "Lungflower" oder so was aehnliches. Ich muss es mal nachschauen.
    Mystic Glance ist nun auch fertig und ich mag wirklich das Centovalagio (sp?). Es ist wirklich nur ein Hauch.
    L

    ReplyDelete