Wednesday, April 14, 2010

April....

Oh my...a whole month went by without me making any notes.
Well, not much actually happened, except for Easter and my physical - Yuck!
Easter was at our house, so we had lots to prepare and get ready for. It turned out to be a beautiful day and we could spend time in the garden. Here is my Easter Tree!!!
And Easter Eggs....
and then there is Phoebe who love to sniff the Daffodils - and usually ends up nibbling on them.

So here we are in the middle of April already. I just started my new KAL. Once again I am a couple of weeks behind. I am working on two projects right now though. One is a shawl I purchased through Knitpicks.com called "Chinook" I love the way the colours change on that one and it is the first time that I have made a shawl where I need to work the pattern on both sides, i.e. the knit side and the purl side.
The KAL  -or mystery as we don't know what the end product looks like- is once again from Knitting Delight's Birgit Freyer. I wonder sometimes how she comes up with these brilliant ideas!
I just started that one today at lunchtime at work. I had ordered a skein of Centolavaggi in forest green and it took me 3 1/2 hours last night to wind it into a ball. - bei Hand!  I got it tangled up so many times, I wanted to cry. I was actually going to cut the yarn apart, just so I could get past the mess I made. But I persevered and managed to untangle it. So far it looks lovely. I will post some photos on the weekend of both projects.
I found a dress this past weekend, that is a lovely green and I think this shawl will go nicely with it.

till then....TTFN
Lilly

No comments:

Post a Comment