Friday, September 25, 2009

Fall is here...

Well I think fall is here. The leaves are starting to turn colour and it is much cooler during the nights. Time to take the cactus' in before the first frost hits. I'd hate to loose one of them to cold weather. The one I have had since my daughter was born. My mom "smuggled" a baby cutting from hers way back when - twice, because I killed the first one :)
Her cactus was as old as me, which she got as a baby from her father. So this is the third generation and I am growing the fourth one for my children.
It is slowly time to clean up the garden and winterize everything. I hate to see summer leave.
But with the cooler weather also comes more knitting - YESSSSS!
I finished my daughter's shawl. It still needs to be blocked though. Donna Rocco is nearing it's end and I have started the Opera jacked by Birgit Freyer - www.die-wolllust.de
Again we are doing it as a group, that way we can ask questions and get help where needed.
Photos to follow......stay tuned.

TTFN
Lilly

No comments:

Post a Comment