Sunday, October 25, 2009

Hello...hello...hello

well... my Donna Rocco Shawl by Birgit Freyer designs is complete. Here are a few photos of the finished product....















 

On to the next project. I just spent a few days taking inventory of all my "stash". My... have a lot of wool!!!  To top it all off, I went to the Creative Festival last week and bought more!  I needed a specific type of yarn to make a moebius shawl, since I can't wear wool or wool blends next to my skin. I found a  lovely yarn make from silk. It is 300 yds, I need 400 for the shawl, so I think I will have to shorten it a bit somehow.
I also bought 5 balls of a weird yarn and made 5 scarves from it. It is quite neat.
 this is what the yarn looks like - like Cocoons, which is the name of the pattern
 Here are the other 4 colours.

They took about 20 minutes to make per scarf. Just way too easy but loads of fun. I think the girls will like those for Christmas. Now who do I give which colour to?
And which one do I keep for myself??????
the Creative Festival was a lot of fun. The wall quilt was definitely something to see. It was amazing. Unfortunately could not take a photo.

That's all for today.

TTFN
Lilly

No comments:

Post a Comment