Sunday, September 13, 2009

oh what a week!  the weather was most gorgeous, but today it's a bit on the cool side, a high of only 19 degrees. But...it is sunny and that's what matters.
Next clue done on Donna Rocco, now we wait again....till next thursday. In the meantime I continue to knit on Mia Bella for my daughter.
 
so  there are the pictures. It is growing nicely.
I have signed up to do Birgit Freyer's Opera Jacket. (www.die-wolllust.de) I am just curious how that will be blocked? It's one thing doing a shawl or stole, but a jacket?  That will be interesting. 
Even though last week was a short week for me, since I no longer work fridays (woohoo!!!) it seemed like a long week. We did have a visitor from Arizona and took her to the CN Tower for dinner at the 360 Restaurant. It was a bit hazy but otherwise a perfect day for going up there. She had a blast and so did we. 
the appetizer - Yum!!!

 
The CN Tower
  
Centre Island
  
West side of Toronto
  
more of the west side
 
looking north west and central
downtown toronto - north east view
 
 
east Toronto
 
looking down the glass floor
  
a gigantic woodpecker statue outside the CN Tower.
I think I have hundreds of CN tower photos  from various angles and different years. I guess every visitor we have ever had, went to see it right along with Niagara Falls.
Way too much fun!!!
 On a sadder note - my sister-in-law's grandpa died last night. He was 97 and one of the few survivors of the Halifax Explosion. Over the years, he became also part of our family. He will be dearly missed.
Then next week is my mother-in-law's 80th birthday. What does she wish for? Dinner at Milestones!!!
YESSSS! Should be fun. She is a feisty lady and full of life! 
And her daughter who is now in Scotland for fun, will be getting married next June. So, we have lots of things to look forward to..
Till next time.. TTFN
Lilly

2 comments:

  1. These are better pictures than I ever taken from the CN Tower. Excellent views. BTW you got me going with that giant woodpecker, I thought it was real. I do lot of birding around where I live, so that was split second excitement. Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that is too funny. I am glad you enjoyed the photos. We had an exceptionally great day that day, so they turned out better than I expected.
    L

    ReplyDelete