Friday, August 13, 2010

Knitting Projects for summer

Ok, so Summer is just blasting by!  This is my Mystic Glance I knit once again from Birgit Freyer Designs - Die Woll Lust/Knitting Delight - www.die-wolllust.de.
I just love her designs, they are inventive, easy to follow and really just stunning!
This one was to go with my dress for my sister-in-law's wedding, however it turns out the colour is  a total mismatch to the dress. So we'll see what becomes of this.
We spent our holidays this year with visitors from Germany. A young couple whom we met first in 2004 and again in 2009 while visiting over there. The girl half is a distant cousin of my husband's. - something like cousins-twice-removed or so. So they came to visit us and of course we have to do the touristy things in Toronto. But first before we started our holidays, my son's girlfriend's father passed away. So our first day off was attending a sad funeral.

Aren't these flowers gorgeous? I think the florist my daughter chose did a wonderful job on these. They were meant to cheer Heather up a bit during this sad time for her and her siblings. Then it was off to the cottage. The weather wasn't the greatest but it wasn't awful either. At least it was warm.









The view from the cottage on a peaceful day is amazing.

Of course the dog loves the water.....


And then the rain came.......






trying to get cell phone reception....like our home made 'antennae'??? ( btw ...it didn't help) However, my daughter thought she heard aliens.....

No comments:

Post a Comment