Monday, June 22, 2009

Newbie!!!

Well, I have never done a blog and I am not really sure I know what I am getting into. I love crafting and I thought this would be a great way of displaying some of my accomplishments. I usually just "craft" for fun or family. Lately I have been getting into making things for other people or trying some things I always wanted to make.
My latest craze is blankets. I made "knit-along" blanket for my daughter for Christmas. It turned out beautifully. Then it was baby blankets - quick and easy, you know. It seems everyone is having babies. Strange. But now instead of my friends, it's my children's friends. You know you're getting old when.....lol.
And then I took it a step further and decided to do some lace work, and since I had never tried that to the extreme, I was a bit scared. But I found a design and another knit-along at www.die-wolllust.de. Fantastic instructions and designs, I am hooked. And what was even more fun, Birgit gave us the patterns in clues - one a week. So the whole task doesn't seem so daunting. I am almost done my shawl and will post some photos later.

That's all for today folks
Lilly

No comments:

Post a Comment